- Now supports QuicKeys Anywhere iPhone/iPod Touch app. Available soon! Really!
- Added Special Paste & Insert Handling list in the Text pane in Preferences window. This lets users specifically add applications that must be made to accept insertions from QuicKeys (e.g. QuarkXPress). This helps with abbreviations, clips, and insert text actions.
- Added cmd-shift-i in QuicKeys Editor for opening Instant Shortcut editor window.
- Searches for shortcuts based on created or last played can now have hour and minutes specified.
- Added Window Action options to resize window based on any corner.
- Now works with KeyCue 4.5 by Ergonis for displaying active QuicKeys hot keys in a convenient pop-up window.
- Fixed issue with abbreviations not working in some applications (e.g. QuarkXPress) that may not always detect clipboard changes. Note these applications will need to be added to the Special Paste & Insert Handling list (which is new in 4.0.3). Please see the note in New Features above.
- Fixed issue with immediate completion abbreviations not being case insensitive.
- Fixed issue where immediate completion abbreviations also worked for trigger based completion.
- Fixed issue with deleting entire typed abbreviation if user had corrected a typo in an abbreviation before completion began.
- Fixed issue where typed text being considered as an abbreviation may have not been re-analyzed if user moved the insertion point using arrow keys.
- Fixed issue with importing some abbreviations made by other applications.
- Fixed issue with abbreviations not working in some applications (Numbers, Excel, etc.) that dynamically add/remove text input fields to their UI.
- Fixed issue with text insertions in text fields in web pages in Safari where text would not be inserted, but QuicKeys thought it succeeded.
- Fixed issue with shortcut list in abbreviations editor not refreshing as expected.
- Fixed crash when certain zero width characters were typed.
- Fixed issue with App Switcher not timing out correctly when not able to launch an app.
- Type-to fixed in Clip lists.
- Fixed issue where Clip actions could say they were finished before they really were.
- Fixed issue where modifiers were not seen for Device triggers on exclusively used keyboards.
- Fixed issue where Hot Keys used to run Computer Sleep shortcuts could be stuck down after wake.
- Fixed issue where the display of sticky keys could get stuck on screen.
- Fixed issue with defining menu actions for menus whose titles are icons.
- Fixed issue with empty menu names.
- Fixed crash that could occur when defining a menu action, particularly for system menus (on right side of menu bar).
- Fixed crash that could occur randomly after setting a new menu for a Menu Selection action.
- Fixed issue where selected menu item was not set when defining the pop-up menu.
- Fixed issue that could show an error when recording when handling windows.
- Fixed issue where clicks or key actions would not get recorded if they led to a window being shown.
- Fixed issue where clicks on buttons could get recorded as window clicks instead.
- Fixed slow down issue in other applications when recording.
- Fixed issue with Quit Application actions when targeting the screen saver.
- Fixed issue with toolbars being made in the wrong scope.
- Fixed rare issue with not being able to enter new keys for Type Keystroke actions.
- Fixed crash that occurred when placing Applescript 'list' types in Clipboard variable.
- Fixed crash that could occur if malformed information was placed on the clipboard.
- Fixed issue where if Growl were installed but not running, an error would be shown when using Growl to display a variable value.
- Fixed issue where Wait for Typed Words actions could cause QuicKeys to hang.
- Web Actions now check for incorrectly configured elements and will warn the user.
- Fixed issue where window tiling would stack windows on top of each other.
- Improved usage of space when tiling windows vertically.
Previous release notes
- Fixed issue with simulating typing arrow keys in some applications.
- Fixed issue with showing tutorials in QuicKeys Online.
- Fixed issue when checking for updates that displayed the current version instead of the new version number when doing an automatic update.
- Fixed crash that occurred if user deleted the Launch Services database.
- Vastly improved speed of actions that change the Finder selection.
- Fixed issue with trial reminder window showing up too often and trial display updates more accurately now.
- Renaming saved searches no longer leaves a search behind with old name.
- Fixed issues with making new shortcuts and toolbars if a saved search was selected before hand.
- Fixed a typo in shortcut editor window.
- Shortcut editor windows now more reliably save their position and size.
- Fixed issue with shortcuts not being recognized on first launch.
- Fixed issue with pre-v4 shortcuts converted with a number appended to their name.
- Fixed issue where secure shortcuts could cause an error to be shown.